Race will be executed according to 2020 F9U FAI rules in order to choose the best lithuanian pilots for 2020 FAI WDRC Grand Final. DR-4.0 Race is NOT a World Cup, so there will be no additional points for other than lithuanian pilots. No FAI license is required to participate. If there is an argument concerning DR-4.0 rules, the Official 2020 F9U FAI rules will be considered correct and conclusive. https://www.fai.org/sites/default/files/ciam/wcup_drones/sc4_vol_f9_dronesport_2020_v1-1_0.pdf
Race Format. Qualification will be done by either Best 3 Consecutive Laps or by Best 2 Consecutive Laps depending on the track length. TOP32 Pilots will qualify and race in Double Eliminations.
Technical drone requirements:
- Size: motor to motor distance diagonally must not exceed 330mm.
- Weight: up to 1000g.
- Motors: only electric. Each motor can be tilted up to 15° maximum angle in each direction.
- Battery: batteries up to 6 cells are allowed. Voltage must not exceed 4.25V per cell. This means 17 V for a 4S battery pack, and 25.5 volts for a 6S battery pack.
- Propeller size: up to 6 inches (15.2 cm). Full metal propellers are forbidden.
- LED: drone must have at least 20 individual RGB LEDs. Pilot must be able to change LED color quickly. Betaflight CLI script will be released with correct colors according to a VTX channel.
- RC Transmitter: only 2.4GHz and 868MHz (Crossfire etc.) radio control systems can be used. Both systems must abide by the European Union and Lithuanian regulations:
- 2.4Ghz – transmission power during event must not exceed 100mw and must employ Listen Before Talk (LBT). This means that all FrSky systems must use the EU LBT firmware (transmitter and receiver)
- 868Mhz – transmission power during event must not exceed 25mw and telemetry must be switched off as well as dynamic power.
- Video Transmitter: power and frequency is limited to 25mW 5.8GHz. Any video transmitters are allowed if their transmitting power is under 25mW. VTX POWER WILL BE CHECKED. Pilots must have possibility to quickly change channels. We plan to use F1 (5740MHz), B3 (5771MHz), B6 (5828MHz), F7 (5860MHz), however other frequencies may be used if there are problems with background interference. Recommended VTX: TBS Unify (all variants), ImmersionRC Tramp, FuriousFPV Stealth.
- Horizon, angle, level or other stabilization modes are not allowed. Turtle mode is allowed.
- Drone must have FAILSAFE set up so that if the signal is lost, the motors would be turned off automatically.
- All pilots have to pass the technical inspection before they can fly.
- Participant is allowed to carry up to 3 drones to the competition.
- It is forbidden to arm or fly a drone outside the FLYING ZONE. It is allowed to test your drone only if no one is flying at the track.
- It is forbidden to plug in VTX or change video frequency during races. This can be done only between the races. Participants who deliberately break this rule may be disqualified from the race.
- It is forbidden to pilot drone from places other than PILOT ZONE. Exception is Freestyle – pilots can fly while standing in the track.
Freestyle rules. Freestyle contest will be held in teams. Up to 4 pilots are recommended to fly since we have 4 channels available. It is recommended to use smoke devices. There will be a prize for the best Freestyle team.
Publicity rules. Participant agrees that his mobile phone may be used by race organizers to contact pilot, if there are any issues before or during race. His Name, Surname, Age, Country, Occupation, Team Name, Achievements, Drone Setup, Pilot Picture and other personal data will be used for Kaunas University of Technology marketing purposes in:
- Live Stream on DELFI, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Live Stream playback on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and other social media platforms
- KTU EEF web page, Facebook, Instagram posts
The rules may be changed before or during the event. If so, all participants will be informed.